Birmingham, 26th – 28th September 2018
14 CPD points
On behalf of the ILAE British Chapter Council, it gives me great pleasure to invite you to our Annual Scientific meeting at the Birmingham Conference and Exhibition Centre, Birmingham from September 26th to 28th 2018.
Topics for the 2018 conference are:
· Complex drugs for complex epilepsy
· Studies which will change our practice
· How to session to include:
· Neurosurgery Network meeting
· What has animal work ever done for us – when science meets clinical care
· Epilepsy, Depression – Treatment and Suicide
· Excellence in Epilepsy Award presentation and lecture
· Platform and Expert Led poster presentations
The International League Against Epilepsy is the premier professional association of doctors and other health professionals who are working in the field of epilepsy. The organisation comprises national chapters in over 100 countries in all continents of the world. The ILAE was founded in 1909 and the British chapter was one of the founding members. It has held meetings since 1913 and is one of only 2 national ILAE chapters that have been in continual existence since the origins of the League.
The ILAE mission globally is to ensure that health professionals, patients and their care providers, governments, and the public world-wide have the educational and research resources that are essential in understanding, diagnosing and treating persons with epilepsy. Its goals are: to advance and disseminate knowledge about epilepsy, to promote research, education and training, and to improve services and care for patients, especially by prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
The ILAE British chapter has the following objectives:
1. To assist in the dissemination of knowledge and good practice in all aspects of epilepsy, and stimulate interest in the clinical, social and scientific aspects of the disorder.
2. Co-ordinate the activities of those interested in the better care and treatment of those people with epilepsy.
3. Actively participate in the business of the ILAE.
These objectives are fulfilled through a variety of activities of the chapter, including advocacy, holding educative and scientific meetings and workshops, and supporting members from bursaries and grants. Over the years the British chapter has had a major influence on the development of knowledge and services for epilepsy in the UK. It has contributed extensively to the international organisation, with two chapter members serving as ILAE Presidents, three as ILAE treasurer, two as ILAE Vice-Presidents and three as Editors of the ILAE Journal Epilepsia. British members have been represented on the small ILAE executive committee in most of the years of its existence, and are currently serve on the ILAE Executive, its European Commission and on various of its topic-related Commissions
The chapter is administered by a Chapter Secretariat. Membership is open to any professional person working in the field of epilepsy in Britain, who expresses an interest in furthering the objectives of the Organisation. For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Copyright 2017 - ILAE British Chapter